Title I Parent Meeting Links
Wednesday, January 6, 2021 @ 9:30 a.m. (Meeting closed)
Thursday, January 7, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. (Meeting closed)
Announcement for Students and Parents concerning GCSP Board of Ed decisions:
Following the decision made by the GCPS Board of Education at this week's board meeting, we would like to share the following information for our students and their families.
- Schools and central office locations will all remain open during regular hours of operation.
- Attendance and grades will be recorded and count for all students. No minimum grade values will be given to students.
- Materials needed for learning may be picked up during the school hours (this would be based on how you desire to set it up....it could be by appointment, grade level time slots etc.).
- Masks must be worn at all times for any student or parent visiting the schools and limited access and duration will apply.
- Between November 12th- December 10th, remote learning will take place for all students.
- WiFi will remain available in school and library parking lots throughout the county.
- Families in need of a hot spot should contact IT to complete an application at https://forms.gle/KidCvrA1khutE2ez7
- Food and Nutrition Services will inform families regarding meal distribution centers for November 12-December 10, 2020.
- As a reminder, the IT helpdesk can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-285-7254. You will be connected to an employee of the school system who can provide assistance.
- Further decisions regarding the status of learning in GCPS schools will be made at the December 8, 2020 BOE meeting.
Teachers Schedules are being posted in the link to the left or by clicking the link below.
Positive COVID 19 Cases
Please see the letter linked below for more information about the recend identification of positive COVID 19 cases.
Wifi availibility for students and staff of Yough Glades
Garrett County Public Schools is providing an internet connection that is accessible from your vehicle in parking lots at all schools. Please select "GCPS Open WiFi" on your device (no password is needed). The parking lot WiFi capability enables you to access the internet easily. The WiFi will be available from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM each day. This WiFi is intended for use by GCPS staff, students, and parents, for instructional purposes only.
For simple instructions on how to connect, please view Mr. Brian Schilpp's informative video for Northern High School. Directions for connecting are similar to the other schools.