Third Grade Weekly Facts
Reading– We will finish our activities next week with Anca’s Journey. Your child will bring this book home this and next week and we will have a test on this story next week.
After Memorial Day, we will begin reading: Sarah, Plain and Tall, pages 206-221
1. slick – smooth, glossy, or slipper surface 2. rough – bumpy, knobby, or even surface
3. fetch – to go after and bring back somebody or something
4. batted – struck at something 5. buzzing – making a low, humming sound
6. rustle – a swishing or soft cracking sound 7. clattered – a loud rattling noise
8. thumped – hit in a way that made a loud dull sound
9. sniff- breathe in through the nose to see how something smells
10. prairie – a treeless, grass-covered plain in the Midwest
Math – Fractions
~ improper fractions ~ equivalent fractions ~fractions on number line
~We have been working on fractions for weeks!!! ~ test: Tuesday, May 22!
We will then be working on: multiplying by multiples of 10, geometry, and 2-step word problems.
Practice multiplication rings EVERY night!!!! At this point, children should be around the 9 facts!!! www.multiplication.com is an excellent resource
~ Spelling pattern: ou, aw test: May 18 ~ possessive nouns
~Spelling pattern: ending in er or le test: May 24 ~ complex sentences
~ pond environment ~immigration, Ellis Island
~organisms that live in a pond ~past communities (tying in with Sarah Plain & Tall)
~ May 25- Old Bedford Village Trip –
- Packed lunch is needed in a throw away bag
- Your child may bring souvenir money. Very large, delicious cookies and ice cream are available for purchase as well!!
- Weary comfy clothing and shoes (and sunscreen)
- We will be back in time for bus dismissal!
~May 28 – NO SCHOOL