2nd Grade Newsletter - April 16th – 20th
Reading: “The Signmaker’s Assistant” Comprehension Strategy: Questioning, Draw Conclusions
- Skill: Text and Graphic Features, Point of View, Analyze a Character
The reading test on this story will be on Friday.
- Opinion Writing
- Words with shades of meaning
- o, al, aw, au
- Words are glued in your child’s planner
- Test and tic-tac-toe boards are due on Friday
High Frequency Words
ball, done, hear, learn, leaves, only, our, through, were, young
- Practice vocabulary words each night. Make sure your child understands the meaning of each word.
- Practice math fact sheets each night. These are in your child’s take home folder.
- Practice high frequency words. Your child should automatically be able to recognize these words.
- Complete 3 activities on the tic-tac-toe board- due Friday.
- Money- Students budgeted money to buy items to build protective devices around raw eggs (Humpty Dumpty). This week Humpty Dumpty will drop from a wall and we will see which one will remain unscathed.
- Time- to the 5 minutes
- Our interns will be teaching the students a unit on economics and markets this week.
Calendar of Events
21- Garrett County Arts Fair at the CARC
23- 3 hour early dismissal
10-Mountain Playhouse Field Trip
14- PTO 6:00pm
28- No School (Memorial Day)
30- Exhibition 5:00-6:30pm
1- Laurel Caverns Field Trip (tentative) More
details will be sent home very soon!
11-13- 3 hour early dismissals
13- Last day of school!