2nd Grade Newsletter – End of Year
Reading: We will be looking at different versions of the Cinderella story. We will not have a reading test with this unit.
Identify likenesses and differences between characters, settings, and events in two or more versions of the same story.
- Opinion Writing
- Irregular Past Tense Verbs
- There will be no spelling this week.
- Practice math fact sheets each night. These are in your child’s take home folder.
- This will be the last week to test on mad minutes.
- Thursday is Field Day. Please make sure your child is wearing tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- We have 3 small fish from our aquaponics unit that need a home. If you are interested in having the fish, please send me a note to let me know you have granted permission.
- 2 and 3 dimensional shapes (vertices, angles, sides)
- Matter- Observable properties
Calendar of Events
7- Field Day
8- Campfire (6:30-11:00)
11-13- Three hour early dismissals
13- Last day of school!
27- First Day of 3rd grade!
This year has been a great one. We just completed the end of year assessments. I am pleased to see the growth each student has made this year. They worked hard, and it will be difficult to see them leave my room. I will miss them all. Have a wonderful summer. Very soon you will have a 3rd grader.