On March 12, 2019, the Garrett County Board of Education unanimously voted to accept the bid of Educational Facilities Planning LLC (EFP) to help Garrett County Public Schools (GCPS) develop a strategic facilities plan. The plan will address the conditions of facilities, enrollment and demographic data, and the preferences and concerns of the community in order to develop a vision for GCPS facilities and learning environments that is aligned with community and Board values. The planning process will involve thorough research, community involvement, and a prioritized set of planning options accompanied by detailed cost and implementation information. EFP was established in 2016 by David Lever, who brings more than four decades of practice in construction, architecture, and capital planning to this project.
Dr. Lever follows a 6-Step Strategic Planning Process:
- Research / Information Gathering
- Community Outreach: Listening Sessions
- Planning Objectives / Options / Draft Recommendations
- Research the Priority Options and Recommendations
- Community Outreach: Feedback on Draft Recommendations
- Final Recommendations and Strategic Plan