Due to the return of students to the classroom, the Food & Nutrition Services Office (FNS) is making modifications to its meal offerings. Breakfast and Lunch will be served daily when students are attending school in-person.
The following schedules for meal distribution will be in effect until further notice:
- Beginning March 17th, the FNS Department will no longer be distributing meals to the apartment complexes.
- The FNS Department will now be distributing three (3) days’ worth of breakfasts and lunches, along with seven (7) days’ worth of snack and supper on Wednesday evenings at all schools from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. This does not include Swan Meadow or Northern Middle due to participation data. There is no sign up required, and all meals will be free for children 18 and under.
The FNS Department will also continue distributing three (3) days’ worth of breakfasts and lunches, along with seven (7) days’ worth of snack and supper on Wednesday evenings at the following locations and times:
- Garrett College - Parking Lot A, 685 Mosser Road: Wednesday 5:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Bittinger Lutheran Parish - 22 Maynardier Ridge Road: Wednesday 5:30 – 5:45pm.
- Swanton Community Center - 3335 Swanton Road: Wednesday 5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Gorman Fire Hall - 270 Gorman Road: Wednesday 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
- Bloomington – 334 North Branch Avenue: Wednesday 5:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Kitzmiller – 290 W. Main Street: Wednesday 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
Children participating in virtual learning who wish to receive meals will be contacted and must sign up for seven days of meals. If you have not been contacted and wish to sign up for seven (7) days of meals, please call 1-888-262-2792, leave your name and phone number. Meals for virtual learners will be distributed at a different time. We encourage all families who have chosen to remain learning virtually to sign up for meals.
Parents and Guardians or a designated person may pick up meals for children. You will need the child’s name, school, and grade to pick up meals. If you know a family that cannot get to the meal pick-up sites, please check with them and get the required information; you can take meals to them.
All meals are available to any child 18 and under – free of charge - regardless of whether they are enrolled in Garrett County Public Schools or not.
Want more news?
See All Garrett County Public Schools News