The Garrett County Public Schools’ Food & Nutrition Services Office is happy to announce that meals for all Garrett County children, ages 18 and under, can still be distributed free of charge. Beginning today, September 8, 2020, meals for virtual students may be picked up on Tuesday evenings or Wednesday afternoons at the locations below. Seven breakfasts and seven lunches for children will be distributed at this time.
Please remember to fill out a new meal application form for students because last year’s applications have expired. This is still an important step for the FNS department. The information is used for funding several different programs that benefit all students in Garrett County, regardless of their meal status. Even if you believe you might be over the income limit, it never hurts to fill one out; it may help the students of Garrett County. An application can be picked up at any school site or meal distribution site. An application can be downloaded from the Food & Nutrition Services website at: https://www.garrettcountyschools.org/food-and-nutrition-services
or an online application can be submitted to the Food & Nutrition Services Office at https://secure.ezmealapp.com/ApplicationScreen.aspx?cid=NWMxNzY2MDYtOGI5Yy00MDNkLTk0ZGEtMjAxMjJmY2FmYzM1
. Applications can be mailed to the Food & Nutrition Services Office at 770 Dennett Road, Oakland, MD 21550, or returned to a school or meal distribution site.
For students attending school on campus this fall, breakfast will be served free of charge as children arrive at their school in the morning. Students will take their breakfast with them to eat in their assigned area.
Lunches for on–site students will be distributed in their assigned area, also free of charge. Students do not need to pre-order meals on a daily basis; a count each morning of the number of students requesting a lunch will be delivered to the cafeteria.
On-campus students who require a Virtual Learning Day meal (Wednesdays), will be provided one to take home on Tuesdays. Meals will be distributed as students leave on Tuesdays. This will include a breakfast and a lunch for Wednesday. Again these meals will be free of charge.
Finally, weekend meals will be distributed on Fridays as students leave, also free of charge. These meals will include two breakfasts and lunches.
We are asking that on-site students not pick up breakfasts and lunches at the virtual students pick up locations.
Virtual Learning Days Meals (VLDM) for students learning from home will be distributed at the following locations:
- Eastern Garrett Fire Hall - 401 Finzel Rd - Tuesdays at 5:00- 5:15 p.m.
- Bittinger Fire Hall - 176 Brenneman Road- Tuesdays at 5:45 - 6:00 p.m.
- Swanton Otterbein United Methodist Church - 3443 Swanton Road - Tuesdays at 6:25 - 6:40 p.m.
- Deer Park Town Hall - 100 Oak Street,- Tuesdays at 6:50 - 7:05 p.m.
- Grantsville Elementary - 120 Grant Street -Tuesdays at 5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Friendsville Elementary-- 841 First Avenue- Tuesdays at 5:40 - 5:55 p.m.
- Hickory Environmental Center (Northern Middle’s bus loop) - 604 Pride Parkway -Tuesdays at 6:15 - 6:30 p.m.
- Garrett College- Parking Lot A, 685 Mosser Road -Tuesdays at 6:50 - 7:05 p.m.
- Dennett Road Educational Complex -770 Dennett Road -Tuesdays at 5:00- 5:30 p.m.
- Liberty Mews - 451 Liberty Street -Tuesdays at 5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Crellin United Methodist Church -57 Crellin Street - Tuesdays at 5:30 - 5:45 p.m.
- Deer Park - 198 Frank Custer Drive -Tuesdays at 6:05 - 6:20 p.m.
- Gorman Fire Hall -270 Gorman Rd -Tuesdays at 6:40 - 6:55 p.m.
- Bloomington- 276 North Branch Avenue -Tuesdays at 5:00 - 5:15 p.m.
- Kitzmiller - 290 W. Main Street -Tuesdays at 5:45 - 6:00 p.m.
- Loch Lynn - Loch Lynn Town Hall -Tuesdays at 6:25 - 6:40 p.m.
Wednesday distribution sites:
Want more news?
See All Garrett County Public Schools News
- Dennett Road Educational Complex -770 Dennett Road -Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Northern High School - 86 Pride Parkway -Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.