* As scheduled, Wednesday, January 9, 2019, is a three-hour early dismissal for students for staff development in the afternoon. (A weather related delay or closing would cancel the 3 hour early dismissal and staff development.)
* With schools closed three days for inclement weather thus far in the 2018-19 school year, the following adjustments have been made to the school calendar:
- Thursday, January 17 is now a full day of school for students. The end of the first semester (second grading term) is January 22. Report Cards will be released on Tuesday, January 29.
- Wednesday, January 23, is now a professional day for staff in the afternoon with a three- hour early dismissal for students. The professional day, which represents the 91st day of school, is a floating day according to negotiated agreements. Any school closings prior to this date will continue to move back the 91st day.
- If schools are delayed on January 23, then students will remain in school all day. The three-hour early dismissal would then be moved to Wednesday, January 24.
- If schools are closed on January 23, then students will be dismissed three hours early on the next full day (January 24).
* Schools are closed on Monday, January 21, 2019, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.Want more news?
See All Garrett County Public Schools News