School Messenger is a communications tool that is used by the Garrett County Public Schools. The school system uses School Messenger to communicate a number of items ranging from school cancellations, major system wide events, to other various announcements by way of phone call, email, and/or text. To utilize School Messenger, a parent needs to log into his/her Power School Parent Portal account. To set up your contact preferences for School Messenger, please utilize the following instructions:
- Log into the Power School Parent Portal using your Single Sign-On username and password.
- Click the Arrow Icon in the top right
- Choose Contact Manager
- Select the Contacts tab
- Select the Edit button to the right of your child’s name.
- Once on the edit screen, please select if you would like to receive phone, email, and/or SMS (text) communications. Then, check all the boxes for the types of alerts.
- Please verify that your email address and phone number are correct.
- Please verify that you are receiving the proper communication types that you desire.
For information on the Power Parent Portal, see Frequently Asked Questions under the Parents tab on the school system’s website.
See All Garrett County Public Schools News