At Garrett County Board of Education meeting on April 14, the Board voted to accept the following concerning the 2015-16 school calendar:
- Monday, August 24: First day of school for students.
- Professional Development half days for each month with a 3 hour early student dismissal.
- Autumn Glory Friday, October 9: Schools will be closed.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences Days: November 3 and March 31. There will be no school for students, but with adjusted times from 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM for the conferences to allow for working parents.
- Winter Break: Beginning Wednesday, December 23rd with a 3 hour early student dismissal and returning to school on Monday, January 4th.
- Professional Day, January 13: This is the 91st day of school with a 3 hour early student dismissal. (If delayed or closed on this day, the makeup day will be the next full day.)
- Spring Break, March 21,22,23,24,25,and 28. The Board voted to keep spring break in the calendar, but a portion of the break could be used as makeup days, if needed.
- Last Day of School for Students: Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
The Board acknowledged all the public comments that were submitted concerning the calendar and thanked the public for very constructive comments and alternative suggestions.
The calendar can be viewed by clicking the following link: GCPS 2015-16 School Calendar
See All Garrett County Public Schools News