Garrett County Public Schools Improvement Plan
- All students will be challenged with a rigorous instructional environment preparing them to become life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- Partnerships with all members of our community will be fostered and strengthened by engaging them in the education of our children.
- All students and staff will learn in a safe, secure, and caring environment where everyone is valued and respected.
- Every department and school will be a good steward of system resources and will manage them in a cost-effective manner.
- All employees will be highly qualified and effective in their jobs contributing to a self-renewing organization.
- a comprehensive analysis of school data (Collection of data from multiple sources including, but not limited to student achievement, student growth, climate, attendance, human capital, discipline, focus group surveys, and observations;
- a root cause analysis of all data to identify the root causes of challenges in identified content areas, grade levels, subgroups, and overarching programs;
- identification of priority needs;
- development of specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART goals);
- at least one (1) evidence-based strategy for each goal. Strategies are action plans that must align with and support goals that focus on providing opportunities for all students to meet the state's academic achievement standards;
- at least one (1) action step for each strategy. Action steps are specific tasks that must be developed with the purpose of implementing the strategies within the plan. These action steps will include the benchmark for monitoring progress, person responsible for implementation, and estimated date of completion, and may include the funding sources to be used to support the action step.
Please view our Comprehensive Northern Garrett High School Improvement Plan in its entirety.