The Garrett County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services Office is happy to announce that supper meals for all Garrett County children, ages 18 and under, can still be distributed free of charge. Beginning September 17, 2020, meals for all children, ages 18 and under, may be picked on Thursday evenings at the locations below. There will be seven suppers for children distributed at this time.
Please remember to fill out a new meal application form for students, because last year’s applications have expired. This is still an important step for the FNS Department. The information is used for funding several different programs that benefit all students in Garrett County, regardless of their meal status. Even if you believe you might be over the income limit, it never hurts to fill one out; it may help the students of Garrett County. An application can be picked up at any school site or meal distribution site. An application can be downloaded from the Food & Nutrition Services website at: https://www.garrettcountyschools.org/food-and-nutrition-services
or an online application can be submitted to the Food & Nutrition Services Office at https://secure.ezmealapp.com/ApplicationScreen.aspx?cid=NWMxNzY2MDYtOGI5Yy00MDNkLTk0ZGEtMjAxMjJmY2FmYzM1
. Applications can be mailed to the Food & Nutrition Services Office at 770 Dennett Road, Oakland, MD 21550, or returned to a school or meal distribution site.
Supper meals must be picked up at one of the distribution sites listed below, even for students who are attending school on campus this fall. This is because the meals may not be sent home from school due to USDA regulations.
Seven days of suppers will be distributed, free of charge, on Thursday evenings at the locations listed below. Please note that these are different locations than the locations for the breakfast and lunches for virtual students. On-site, virtual, and non-students under 18 are welcome to pick up suppers.
Supper Meals for all children 18 and under will be distributed at the following locations:
- Emmanuel United Methodist Church - 29 Pocahontas Road, Thursday: 5:00- 5:15
- Bittinger Lutheran Parish - 22 Maynardier Ridge Road, Thursday: 5:45 - 6:00
- Swanton Community Center - 3335 Swanton Road, Thursday: 6:25 - 6:40
- Deer Park – 81 Church Street, Thursday: 6:50 – 7:05
- Southern Middle School - 605 Harvey Winters Drive, Thursday: 5:00 – 5:20
- Liberty Mews - 100 Liberty Square Drive, Thursday: 5:00 – 5:15
- Crellin -52 Crellin Street – Thursday, 5:30 – 5:45
- Deer Park - 8 Rockville Ct, Thursday: 6:05 – 6:20
- Gorman - 271 Gorman Road, Thursday: 6:40 – 6:55
- Grantsville - 121 Bittinger Lane, Thursday: 5:00 – 5:15
- Friendsville Volunteer Fire Dept. - 944 2nd Avenue, Thursday: 5:40 – 5:55
- Hickory Environmental Center (Northern Middle’s bus Loop) - 604 Pride Parkway, Thursday: 6:15 – 6:30
- Garrett County Chamber of Commerce – 15 Visitors Center Drive, Thursday: 6:50 – 7:05
- Bloomington – 334 North Branch Avenue, Thursday: 5:00 – 5:15
- Kitzmiller – 288 W Main Street, Thursday: 5:45 – 6:00
- Loch Lynn Town Hall, Loch Lynn, MD, Thursday: 6:25 – 6:40
All operations may change as United States Department of Agriculture regulations change.
Want more news?
See All Garrett County Public Schools News