* Accident Elementary
* Broad Ford Elementary
* Friendsville Elementary
* Grantsville Elementary
* Route Forty Elementary
* Yough Glades Elementary
Parents must register for Kindergarten any child who will be five years old by September 1, 2016. The law allows exemptions to the school attendance requirements as follows:
* Permits compliance through the home school instruction regulation
* Grants a one-year immaturity waiver if the parent or guardian makes a written request to the local school system
* Allows a 5 year old to be enrolled in one of three alternative program settings - a full-time licensed child care center, a full-time registered family day care home, or part-time in a Head Start 5 year old program.
For the Pre-Kindergarten program, a child must have been born between September 2, 2011 and September 1, 2012.
State regulations require parents to provide evidence of birth (their child’s birth certificate), an official immunization record, and documented proof of current residency. Documents accepted by the State of Maryland as proof of residency includes:
* Deed/Mortgage Agreement
* Current property tax bill
* Current rental lease or agreement
* Current utility bill with applicant’s name and address.
The following registration schedule includes the name of the Pupil Services staff and the School Nurse who will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating a smoothly run process.
See All Garrett County Public Schools News