- The Environmental Literacy Plan and Next Gen science standards will be the guide for instruction.
- Students and teachers should be dressed and prepared for outdoor activities. Groups will be going outside unless the weather is extreme.
- Please have name tags ready for students to wear so that HEEC staff can call your students by name.
- We will take your lunch count when you arrive at Hickory. Lunch choices are the main menu entrée or PBJ.
- When you arrive at Hickory please stay on the bus until HEEC staff comes out to give you instructions.
- Although the HEEC staff will be the lead instructors, we need your help to make the activities work smoothly and maximize your experience. Be an active participant and stay with your group as much as possible. Please limit cell phone use during lesson times.
- The goal of HEEC is to extend the classroom curriculum with experiences that are not possible in the regular classroom setting.
- Students are encouraged to bring water bottles. We will set up a station for filling bottles.
We look forward to working with you and your students,
Jason Shank, Administrator/Planetarium Teacher
Rebecca Kenyon-Sisler, Science Teacher
Sharon Hoover, Secretary
Randy Sharpless, Custodian