Want more news?
See All Garrett County Public Schools News
Garrett County Public Schools (GCPS) held its annual Student Arts Fair on Saturday, April 30, 2022, at the Garrett College Community Athletic and Recreation Center (CARC). This show marks the first time that the show has occurred in three years, due to the COVID pandemic.
Student art was represented from all grade levels and schools and was presented in different formats: visual art, music, and theatre. The Garrett County Arts Council (GCAC) presented the following seniors with their “Achievement in the Arts Award” during the fair:
- Visual Art - Kayli Broadwater, Northern High School
- Visual Art - Morgan White, Southern High School
- Instrumental Music - Eunae Rodeheaver, Southern High School
- Vocal Music - Kylea Beitzel, Northern High School
- Vocal Music - Kaden Darkstar, Southern High School
- Theatre - Paige Smith, Northern High School
- Theatre - Brooke Rose, Southern High School
- Culinary Arts - Morgan White, Southern High School
- Literary Arts - Amariah Morris, Northern High School
- Literary Arts - Abigail Wright, Southern High School
These GCAC scholarship awards recognize students who have excelled throughout their high school careers.
Additionally, Mrs. Bonnie Frederick received special recognition from GCPS for her thirty years of service as a teacher, twenty-four years with GCPS, prior to retiring at the end of the 2020-2021 school year. Mrs. Frederick was truly dedicated and an inspiration to countless students through her many years of teaching.
The Student Arts Fair takes place in spring annually. It is sponsored by the Garrett County Arts Council, Samantha Funding the Arts, Maryland State Arts Council, and Garrett County Public Schools.