Weather Related School Alert: All Garrett County Public Schools are closed today, Tuesday, March 20, 2018. Code Blue for employees.

Cover Art Slider

Photo depicting elementary student, middle and high school student and an administrative person.
An online experience built uniquely for you. Choose yours now.

News and Information

Recognitions and Resolutions from the Board of Education Meeting - March 13, 2018.

Recognitions and Resolutions from the Board of Education Meeting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:12am, Public Information Office

Board of Education Meeting - March 13, 2018

Live webcast of the Garrett County Board of Education Meeting for March 13, 2018.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:53pm, Public Information Office

Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting March 20, 2018

The Garrett County Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee (SECAC) will hold its third meeting of the year on March 20, 2018 from 5-7 P.M. at Camp Hickory in Accident.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:15pm, Public Information Office

Southern High School Girls Basketball Team State Champions

Southern High School's girls basketball team won the 2018 Maryland Class 1A state basketball championship.

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:24am, Public Information Office

Northern High School Theatre Presents Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"

The Northern High School Thespian Society and Theatre II class will be presenting Shakespeare's classic comedy "Twelfth Night" on March 22nd, 23rd and 24th at 8:00 PM.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:50pm, Public Information Office

Stay Connected
Central Office
40 South Second Street
Oakland, MD 21550
8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
Phone 301.334.8900 Fax 301.334.7621

Web Accessibility

Garrett County Public Schools (GCPS) is committed to providing a website that is accessible to individuals with disabilities in compliance with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

Contact Information

GCPS continues to improve the accessibility of this site as new technology and opportunities emerge. We welcome your questions and suggestions to guide our efforts. If you experience any difficulty in accessing a GCPS website due to a disability, or for any reason, you may file a complaint.

For information of how to file a Section 504 complaint, please see Policy/Procedure ACEA.