January 25, 2021
GCPS Food Service Delivery Rescheduled
Due to the forecast for inclement weather tomorrow, meals will not be distributed on Tuesday, January 26th. Instead, meals will be distributed on Wednesday, January 27th at the same times and locations.
Wednesday, January 27th
November 16, 2020
GCPS Announces Food & Nutrition Changes
The Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Office is making modifications to its current meal offerings. The following schedules for meal distribution will be in effect until further notice. The schedules will be dependent upon current metrics and recommendations from the Garrett County Health Department.
The FNS Department will be distributing seven (7) days worth of Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Supper on Wednesday evenings at all schools from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. This does not include Swan Meadow due to participation data.
The FNS Department will also be distributing seven (7) days worth of Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Supper on Wednesday evenings at the following locations and times (please note the time change):
Garrett College- Parking Lot A, 685 Mosser Road: Wednesday 5:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Bittinger Lutheran Parish - 22 Maynardier Ridge Road: Wednesday 5:30 – 5:45pm.
- Swanton Community Center- 3335 Swanton Road: Wednesday 5:00 -5:15 p.m.
- Gorman Fire Hall -270 Gorman Road: Wednesday 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
- Bloomington – 334 North Branch Avenue: Wednesday 5:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Kitzmiller – 290 W. Main Street: Wednesday 5:45 – 6:00 p.m.
The FNS Department will also be distributing seven (7) days’ worth of Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Supper on Monday afternoons at the following locations and times:
- Pine Woods East -705 N Street, Mt. Lake Park- 12:30 – 12:45 p.m.
- Pleasant View South – 402 Pleasant View Lane, Loch Lynn - 12:55- 1:10 p.m.
- Parkwood Village East -108 Decatur Street, Mt. Lake Park - 1:20- 1:35 p.m.
- Overlook North- 61 Vista Square, Oakland 1:45 – 2:00 p.m.
- Glades West -200 Glades Square, Oakland - 2:10 – 2:35
- Liberty Mews- 451 Liberty Street Oakland 2:45 – 3:00 p.m.
- Mountain Village West - 175 Pysell Road McHenry- 12:30 – 12:45
- Guardian Apartments- 949 Old River Rd, Friendsville - 1:05 – 1:20
- Cassel Ridge East -600 Cassel Ridge Drive, Grantsville- 1:40 – 1:55
Parents, Guardians or a designated person may pick up meals for children. You will need the child’s name, school, and grade to pick up meals. If you know a family that cannot get to the meal pick-up sites, please check with them and get the required information; you can take meals to them. In the spirt of Mister Rogers’ “Cardigan Sweater Day” on November 13, we encourage you to be a good neighbor and help make sure the children of Garrett County have access to meals.
All meals are available to any child 18 and under regardless of whether they are enrolled in Garrett County Public Schools.
Secondary: Breakfast - $1.35 Lunch - $2.85 Reduced meals will be served at no cost.
All cafeterias in Garrett County Public Schools have computerized Point of Sale. To pay for purchases, students enter their Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) and proceed to the cashier. Students pay for purchases using cash or using money placed "On Account". If a student cannot remember their PIN the cafeteria staff will be able to give it to them. Please help your child to learn this number and teach them that they should not share the number with anyone, as it is the access to their account.
Students who properly enter their number when purchasing their meal move more quickly through the service line.
Parents have the option of sending cash or check with their student(s) for deposit, however, we strongly encourage parents to monitor, view and fund students account by logging on to mySchoolBucks.com We encourage parents to also monitor their child’s cafeteria activity and account balances throughout the year. Using this tool to do so makes it easier than ever.
Depositing funds on account will allow students to purchase breakfast, lunch or any a la carte item.
Benefits of placing money "On Account"
- Safe- the PIN ensures only the one student can access the account.
- Convenient- money cannot be lost or forgotten in the morning rush.
- Fast- cafeteria lines move more quickly so there's plenty of time to eat.
- Monitored- see the secure account balance anytime on mySchoolBucks.com
- Peace of Mind- the auto replenish feature on MySchoolBucks.com ensures money for meals is always there for the student.
Garrett County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services is now selling surplus equipment through GovDeals, an online auction site. If you wish to register (free) and bid on the items, follow the GovDeals link below.