With regard to the District website and any official District web presence which is developed by, maintained by, or offered through third party vendors and open sources, the District is committed to compliance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 and Title II so that students, parents and members of the public with disabilities are able to independently acquire the same information, engage in the same interactions, and enjoy the same benefits and services within the same timeframe as those without disabilities, with substantially equivalent ease of use such individuals shall not be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination through any GCPS web content.
The following procedures apply to all new, updated and existing web pages, as well as all web content produced or updated by GCPS, or provided by third-party developers.
The Information Technology Department will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating new material that is published by District staff and uploaded to the website for accessibility on a quarterly basis. Any areas of concern will be addressed within 30 days of discovery via a corrective action plan, to be developed by the Information Technology Department.
- Create a report of all new content created or modified each quarter.
- New and/or modified content will be manually reviewed by IT using the WCAG 2.0 checklist provided by webAIM.org
- New and/or modified content will be run through the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation tool, also provided by webAIM.org
- Status updates via email will be submitted to the Director of IT every 15 days until the completion of the review/evaluation.
- Resolution Report (template attached) of all issues will be submitted to Director of IT within 15 days of the completion of the review/evaluation. This report will include all items of concern, and proposed resolution.
- Within 15 days of approval of the Resolution Report, a Resolution Plan (template attached) will be executed.
- Proposed resolutions will be put in place by IT.
- Relevant content creators will be made aware of issues on their site(s).
- Training refresher will be offered to all relevant content creators.
- Upon completion of the Resolution Plan, Director of IT will complete the Resolution Plan check list, and store all related documents on the GCPS file servers.