The Garrett County Board of Education voted on January 12, 2021, to accept the Superintendent’s recommendation to remain in the “red model” in which students are learning virtually. Students will begin transitioning back to in-person learning when the Garrett County metrics are at 5% or less positivity rate and 15 or less per 100,000 for 14 consecutive days.
Anyone with a question or concern may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a response.
There have been 1,716 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Garrett County. Current metrics from the Garrett County Health Department are: 7-Day Positivity Percentage: 15.0%; 7-Day Case Rate Per 100,000: 50.7.
Please continue to check our website and the GCPS Coronavirus Updates page for more information.
Please take a few moments to sign up for school messenger. This is a tool that will allow you to receive school related information. This information could include early dismissal due to inclement weather by phone, email, and/or text.
Here is how you sign up:
- Go to garrettcountyschools.org and log into the PowerSchool parent portal. Use your single sign-on username and password.
- Click on the arrow icon at the top of the page.
- Choose contact manager.
- Select the contact tab.
- Select the edit button to the right of your child's name.
- Once on the edit screen, please select if you would like to receive phone, email, and/or SMS (text) communications.
- Verify that your email address and phone number are correct.
- Verify that you are receiving the proper communications desired.
NOTE: To prevent fraud, you must submit this form by 3:00 am.