All GCPS schools will be closed for the remainder of the school year (June 11, 2020).
The GCPS central office will be closed to the public until further notice. Anyone with a question or concern may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a response.
There have been 19 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Garrett County.
Please continue to check our website and the GCPS Coronavirus Updates page for more information.
Please take a few moments to sign up for school messenger. This is a tool that will allow you to receive school related information. This information could include early dismissal due to inclement weather by phone, email, and/or text.
Here is how you sign up:
- Go to garrettcountyschools.org and log into the PowerSchool parent portal. Use your single sign-on username and password.
- Click on the arrow icon at the top of the page.
- Choose contact manager.
- Select the contact tab.
- Select the edit button to the right of your child's name.
- Once on the edit screen, please select if you would like to receive phone, email, and/or SMS (text) communications.
- Verify that your email address and phone number are correct.
- Verify that you are receiving the proper communications desired.
NOTE: To prevent fraud, you must submit this form by 5:00 am.